According to the Mercer's Quality of Living assessment for 2023, Hyderabad has once again been named the greatest Indian city to call home. Hyderabad led other Indian cities including Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Delhi in the global rankings, but it saw a minor decline.
The Quality of Living index considers a number of variables, including infrastructure, sociocultural environment, healthcare, education, and political stability.
Hyderabad, India's most livable city, according to Mercer's
HYDERABAD: Vienna, Austria, is ranked #1 in Mercer's Quality of Living City Ranking for 2023, with Hyderabad ranking 153rd, higher than other Indian cities.
Bengaluru comes in at number 156, and Pune comes in at number 154. The list also includes Kolkata (170), Mumbai (164), and Chennai (161). Both New Delhi and Riyadh are ranked 172nd in Saudi Arabia.
The Quality of Living index considers a number of variables, including infrastructure, sociocultural environment, healthcare, education, and political stability.241 cities from five continents are included in this year's ranking. This year's top ten cities comprise two cities in the Pacific, one in North America, and seven in Western Europe.
Hyderabad is once again ranked as the greatest Indian city by Mercer, according to a post on X by former minister of municipal administration and urban development (MAUD), K T Rama Rao. Six times since 2015, to be exact. Kudos to everyone in Hyderabad. Mercer conducted an analysis of data from September to November 2023, which assessed the day-to-day experiences of foreign workers and their families in various global regions.
Hyderabad, the capital of the Indian state of Telangana, is a vibrant city with a rich history and a mix of modern and traditional elements. Here are some of the best places to visit in Hyderabad:
- Charminar: This iconic monument is the symbol of Hyderabad and is known for its four grand arches. It's located in the heart of the city and has a bustling market around it.
- Golconda Fort: A historic fort known for its acoustics, innovative water supply system, and stunning architecture. The light and sound show here is also popular.
- Qutb Shahi Tombs: These tombs are located near the Golconda Fort and are the final resting places of the Qutb Shahi dynasty rulers.
- Hussain Sagar Lake: An artificial lake built in the heart of the city, offering boat rides and a panoramic view of the cityscape. The Buddha statue located on an island in the middle of the lake is a prominent attraction.
- Salar Jung Museum: One of the largest museums in India, it houses a vast collection of art, sculptures, manuscripts, and other artifacts from different parts of the world.
- Ramoji Film City: Located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, it is one of the largest film studio complexes in the world. It offers guided tours and entertainment shows.
- Birla Mandir: A stunning white marble temple dedicated to Lord Venkateswara, situated on a hill offering panoramic views of the city.
- Laad Bazaar and Mecca Masjid: These are located near Charminar and are known for the famous market selling traditional bangles and other accessories. Mecca Masjid, one of the oldest mosques in the city, is nearby.
- Eat Street (Necklace Road): A popular food destination along the Hussain Sagar Lake offering a variety of cuisines and street food.
- Shilparamam: An arts and crafts village showcasing traditional arts and crafts of India. It's a great place to buy handmade products.
Remember that the city has a vibrant culinary scene, so don't miss trying the famous Hyderabadi biryani and other local delicacies. Hyderabad is known for its hospitality and rich cultural heritage, making it a fascinating place to explore.
News, Health, Travel & Entertainment Telegram Channel Click to Join Infimor